Facebook groups and other social media venues are a great way for Chivers and Chivettes to stay in touch with each other and are a key part of theChive Nation. With any group there has to be a set of social guidelines to ensure an awesome experience…
- We represent theChive, be nice and treat others how you would like to be treated. No harassment will be tolerated. We are a group of ball busters but if a fellow member or the collective group of admins thinks what was posted/commented is considered crass, you will be issued a warning from an admin. If you reach 3 warnings you will be banned from the group. This also includes instigating and bashing of admins & members. We are all open to adult discussions but will not tolerate someone trying to bring down the house. We are all here for one another, to support each other. Always.
- Posting of fundraisers (e.g. GoFundMe, Kickstarter, Fundly) is prohibited unless approved by the admin team or is an active campaign from theChive or Chive Charities. If you have a charity you think would be beneficial to theChive community please use the contact form to make us aware of it.
- Group bar nights are encouraged to hang out with local chivers and chivettes, before inviting the community check with an admin to make sure nothing has been planned in advance. Doing this ensures no toes get stepped on and meetups that involve planning get the attention they deserve. Remember, while out, you are representing theChive and the community as a whole. Please treat all others and the establishment with respect.
- “Chive Meetups” that involve charity or planning with a host location and sponsors will be planned, communicated and overseen by the admin team. If you’d like to suggest a meetup please get in touch with us. We have a list that we use! Feel free to add to it at anytime!
- Administrators of the group have full discretion regarding content and will remove any post at any time for any reason with no warning or explanation. Commenting on posts may also be closed from time to time until the contents of a post can be fully reviewed. It is our job to maintain and monitor this group and ensure we remove drama and inappropriate content. But what is inappropriate content? Keep it clean! Our group’s focus is on camaraderie and charity. Ron Burgundy is watching. We are not prudes. We do laugh at some questionable things. We also would like to ask those questionable things to be posted in the comments to make it SFW for those who slack during the day. We will also be including a new theme in our weekly posts: #NSFW (Not Safe For Work) this theme will still follow Facebook’s policy on nudity but will be open for such scandalous pictures that you would see posted in Chive.“Facebook’s rules on nudity: We remove photographs of people displaying genitals or focusing in on fully exposed buttocks. We also restrict some images of female breasts if they include the nipple, but we always allow photos of women actively engaged in breastfeeding or showing breasts with post-mastectomy scarring. We also allow photographs of paintings, sculptures, and other art that depicts nude figures. Explicit images of sexual intercourse are prohibited.” https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/As a member, if you see something, say something. As millennials, we try to be glued to social media 24/7 but we don’t always succeed. Please reach out to any Chive admin with any questions or concerns.
P.s. If you ignore our content removals and continuously try to find loopholes in the rules, that will be considered harassment and instigating and you will be issued a warning. See rule #1.
- The sale of items within the group is prohibited, please use market/swap groups if you wish to sell something
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We will update these guidelines from time to time.
Updated: 5/24/17 – at this moment everyone starts with a clean slate.
CHIVE ON OUR 10%’ing MISFITS!
Last edit: January 17th, 2017